Thursday, November 14, 2013

Cheerwine Baked Apples

Okay my life will never be the same now that I made these apples. I don't know why but for some reason I have always been intimidated by baked apples. Maybe I'm just lazy or I thought they were some fancy thing but they really aren't. It's just a baked apple... I feel a little stupid.
Anyway, in a weird, sleep deprived and festive moment (fall is ending too soon) I thought "why not bake apples in cheerwine" so I did. 
And with one bite I was told I have to make then for thanksgiving. 
They are really easy but for some reason little individual desserts always impress me and seem perfect for a big holiday meal. And these are easy enough to make for a crowd on a busy day like thanksgiving. 

I used six apples and two cans of cheerwine but you can get up to four apples per can. 

Ingredients 
6 cored apples  (I love my apple corer) 

2 cans cheerwine or diet cheerwine or black cherry cola or diet black cherry cola. Or maybe dr pepper.... Hm maybe another day 

3t sugar (about 1/2t per apple) 

Next cinnamon... I didn't measure but I think I used about 1/4t per apple it is really about how much you like this recipe is hardly a recipe. Mix it up do what you like. 

Put the cored apples in a casserole dish and pour on the cheerwine get it in the holed in the apples. 
Then sprinkle on sugar and cinnamon 
Next bake at 375 for 45 mins (I left mine in longer while we finished dinner but I did turn off the oven after 45mins) 

Then plate them. Spoon on some of the yummy cheerwine in the dish and top with whipped cream. 

Simple and delicious 

Amen 





No comments:

Post a Comment