Thursday, November 7, 2013

Crockpot 3 Pepper Roast and Mozzarella Sandwiches

I love my crockpot because it makes yummy food. Because I love my crockpot I have come to love chuck roasts. They cook so good in a crockpot and fall apart  and it's a very good thing. 
Yesterday I made sandwiches that I'm calling 3 pepper roast and mozzarella sandwiches. They are juicy and messy and delicious. 
Because they are so juicy you want to slice you rolls so that the bottom half of the roll is thicker than the top. Also I stuck mine in a pan with some butter to toast the inside so that the broth from the meat wouldn't make the bread soggy as fast. I think it helped a little. 

This is what you need:
2-3lb chuck roast
8oz pepperocini  peppers and their juice
8oz roasted red peppers drained 
4oz chopped pimentos( I just threw in the juice too)
14oz crushed tomatoes 
16oz beef stock 
Salt and pepper 

Toasted rolls 
Sliced mozzarella cheese

Just dump everything but the cheese and rolls of course into the crockpot and cook on low for 6-8 and then shred the meat. 

The jars of peppers and can of crushed tomatoes come in larger amounts than you need so you can serve the rest as topping or just stick them in the fridge for later. 

This is super easy and perfect for the busy day I had yesterday. Plus it looks pretty in the crockpot! 



No comments:

Post a Comment