Friday, November 8, 2013

Southern Comfort Pretzel Pudding

So for some reason I feel like soft pretzels are a fall thing, maybe because you can always find them at Oktoberfest. Anyway I had this weird idea to try to make bread pudding with soft pretzels instead of bread. I'm not sure why considering I have never even made a normal bread pudding before but last night I decided to try it out. 

There's what I used. The amounts are a little weird because I was trying to feed a crowd. 
5-8c cut soft pretzels 
2-1/2 to 3c milk 
1-1/2c sugar 
4T melted butter 
2-1/2t vanilla 
2-3 eggs 
Chopped pecans 

For sauce 
1c cream 
1c butter
1c sugar 
1/2c southern comfort 

It's pretty easy
Just throw the pretzel pieces in a dish
Then in a separate bowl whisk the eggs and add the milk, sugar, butter, and vanilla. 
Next pour it over the pretzels and sprinkle on plenty of pecans. 
Bake at 350 for 60-70 mins 

Now for the sauce just put all four ingredients in a sauce pan and let the butter melt and sugar dissolve until it all comes together. It shouldn't be very thick. 

I know this is a little crazy but it turned out pretty good :)

No comments:

Post a Comment