Sunday, October 13, 2013

Cookies That Stay SOFT!

I had to go to a family party last weekend and brownies are my cousins thing so I had to come up with something else. I decided to make cookies but there's a lot of great cookie recipes in my family and I needed something that was a little different. 
These were thin, soft and delicious! 

Here is how I made them: 

1c salted butter softened 
3/4c packed brown sugar
3/4c sugar
2 eggs 
1/2c malted milk powder(makes them stay soft)
2t vanilla
2c flour 
1-1/4t baking soda 
1-1/4t salt 
12oz bag chocolate chips 

Preheat oven to 375

Cream together butter and both sugars until fluffy

Add one egg at a time while mixing 


Add malted milk powder 

Add vanilla and mix 

Sift in flour, baking soda and salt (or if you're like me just throw it all in) and mix 

Finally add in the chocolate chips 

Bake for 10-12 mins 

I use a little ice cream scooper to make these cookies. I never thought I needed one but it is amazing! Just get one. No more rolling it in your hands.
If you have one you can make these cookies into little yummy ice cream sandwiches. Just take a little scoop of ice cream and stick it between two cookies. 




No comments:

Post a Comment