Wednesday, October 2, 2013

EASY Soft Pretzels


They don't look perfect but they tasted amazing. 
Every person that had one took a bite and looked at me and said "Is this all the pretzels? Did you make more?" They were all worried we would run out. 
What made my pretzels so yummy is this stuff 
Due to my lack of pretzel twisting skills I panicked and grabbed Janes Krazy Mixed Up Salt! It is really good stuff. 

Now lets get back to the pretzels. I always want to make them but I hate yeast. I only break it out once a year to make Easter bread or cinnamon rolls for Easter breakfast. 
HOWEVER these pretzels use that FRESH pizza dough you can get at the market. 

There's what y'all need: 
Fresh pizza dough 
Baking soda 
Janes Krazy Mixed Up Salt or your own secret ingredient :) 
Lots of melted butter 

Take out the dough and kneed it for a minute or two 
Then coat with melted butter and place in a bowl to rise in the fridge for an hour 



Next take it and twist it all up how you like.... I should probably braid it next time.

Then boil water and add a dash of baking soda to the water. 
Gently lower pretzels into the water one or two at a time. Cook for 10 seconds on  each side. 

Then place on parchment paper lined baking sheet and brush with butter 
Next add your salt or sesame seeds or cinnamon sugar. 

Finally bake for 12-15 mins or until they start looking brown like a pretzel at 425


No comments:

Post a Comment