Saturday, October 12, 2013

Tres Leches Cake

In high school I went to a Spanish dance studio on a field trip with my Spanish class. While we were there we also ate some amazing food. Tres Leches Cake was one of the things we ate. It was so good but someone told me it had goat milk in it so I figured I wouldn't be making it any time soon. 
Maybe that cake did have goat milk in it but this one doesn't and it is so good. 

This is what y'all need: 
1c flour 
1-1/2 t baking powder 
1/4 t salt 
5 large eggs separated 
1c plus 3T sugar 
1/3c whole milk 
1t vanilla extract 
1 can condensed milk 
1 can evaporated milk 
1pt plus 1/4c heavy cream 

Preheat oven to 350 
Grease and flour 9x13in pan 
Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in bowl and set aside
Add egg yolks and 3/4c sugar in mixing bowl - beat until very light in color 
Add milk and vanilla and combine 
Pour the liquid over the flour mixture and stir to combine
Then clean the mixing bowl and add egg whites and 1/4c of sugar 
Beat until stiff but not dry 
Fold in the egg whites 
Pour into pan and bake for 35 mins or until golden brown 

Let it cool completely

Then combine condensed milk, evaporated milk, and 1/4c heavy cream 
Poke a million holes in the cake with a fork and pour it on

Then make the whipped cream topping
I put my mixing bowl in the freezer for this 
Then I add 1pt of heavy cream and 3T of sugar and whip 
Put it on like icing 

Top with maraschino cherries if you like. 

So moist and so yummy! It's really easy but really impressive to your guests :)


No comments:

Post a Comment