Friday, October 4, 2013

Crockpot CHEERWINE Brisket


Hey y'all 
I really hate those cooking shows that show you how to make something with only the things you have in your pantry and fridge. I never have those things! I don't stock fresh fancy cheeses but maybe that's just me. 
Here's what I do have: 
Chili sauce! This stuff is really good and I usually have it because I use it to make these yummy little meatballs for parties. 
I also tend to have onion soup mix because when I buy some for a recipe, it comes in a box with a couple more packs. 
And of course I have soda. 

So anyway, a couple days ago I wake up and see these defrosted beef cubes and I knew I was supposed to put it in a crockpot. I love my crockpot! No I was not the woman who peppersprayed someone for a crockpot on Black Friday. (My momma called to ask) 

So beef cubes. I know we had them to make a stew of beef burgundy and we had none of the stuff to make a stew because I had just mad my Pefectly Hearty Fall Soup. 

Then I remembered the chili sauce and I was pretty sure I didn't have onion soup mix but I ran to the pantry and when I found it I actually did a victory dance because chili sauce and onion soup mix ate magical together. 
Then I went downstairs to get an RC Cola. I had my hand on the RC but then I saw the cheerwine and it was all over. 

Yep, cheerwine "brisket" it's happening! 

If you make this actually use a brisket or a chuck roast it would be a lot better than my defrosted beef cubes. (That's why there is no picture... It wasn't very pretty) 

Put your meat in the crockpot
Pour on the onion soup mix 
Then add the chili sauce 
Finally pour on the Cheerwine
 
Then just let it cook on low for 6-8 hours or you know until you get home. 

I served mine over rice because it is what I had and it was really good. The sauce coated the rice and it was the perfect comfort food! 

No comments:

Post a Comment