Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Pumpkin Chicken Chili With Pumpkin Ale Bread

It's fall y'all! 
Chili is good all times of the year but for some reason it tastes best in the fall. 
My sister loves pumpkin chili and since Sleepy Hollow was on last night we had to have it. 
Chili is something that you can play around with which is a good thing an a bad thing. I often come out with a chili that has no flavor but once you swallow it your mouth is on fire. 
Sooo I started using the awesome McCormick packets of seasoning. They have an amazing one for white chicken chili. The recipe is on the back but I didn't really follow it because I added pumpkin and some other stuff. 

This is what I did
Add oil to a large pot 
Sauté a chopped vidalia onion (why not?)
Add chicken cook until no longer pink 
Add 2 packs of seasoning 
Then 2 cups of water 
I also added a 12oz beer (I used shiner bock) 
1 HUGE can of white beans 
1 HUGE can of kidney beans (yea that crazy giant one.... I love beans in chili) 
Then add 4 serving spoons of pumpkin pie mix or until you think it tastes good
Then simmer until its time to eat. 
I served mine with cheese lots of cheese.

Now the bread 
I love corn bread with beef chili but I think beer bread is yummy with chicken chili 
Just get the box mix at the market it's really good and easy.
 All you do is add a 12oz beer. I used pumpkin ale. Then mix those beer into the box mix and pour into a loaf pan. 
Next just pour 3T of melted butter over the top and bake for 50-55 mins 
Let cool in the pan. 

I LOVE FALL FOOD :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment