Thursday, October 31, 2013

French Silk Pie

I saw this pie and had to make it. It's pretty much like chocolate mousse in a pie crust and then whipped cream to make it even better. 
This was my Beau's birthday pie. 
Before we get started let me tell you not to make this in the heat it won't set up right. I'm speaking from experience. 

WARNING: contains raw eggs 

This is what you need:
4oz unsweetened baking chocolate 
1c salted butter softened
1-1/2c sugar 
1t vanilla 
4 whole eggs
1 graham cracker crust ( I use store bought and if you can get the one that serves two extra slices that's best) 

Also heavy whipping cream and three tablespoons of sugar for whipped cream... Freeze the bowl 

Melt the chocolate then let it cool completely! Be patient! 

Then beat with an electric mixer (whisk attachment) the butter and sugar for a couple mins 

Mix in the COOLED chocolate trust me it has to be cooled. 

Add vanilla and beat to combine 

Then on medium speed add one egg keep beating for 5 mins then add the next egg and do the same thing for a total of 20 mins. Be patient. I'm not....

Pour into pie crust and whip the cream to top it. Then just leave it as is or shave some chocolate over it (semi sweet) or if you're fancy make some chocolate curls! 

Then it the whole thing as you hide in the closet and don't share with anyone. 



No comments:

Post a Comment